Easter Pita French Toast
A lovely twist on the classic French toast! Perfect for Easter made with pita breads filled with mixed berries and paired with the tasty & salty bacon. Serve with some good quality vanilla ice cream to complete the ultimate Easter breakfast treat with family. Happy Easter!
- 3 eggs
- ½ can (200g) coconut cream
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch Salt
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Cooking coconut Oil
- 8 rasher manuka smoked streaky bacon
- A dizzle of Airborne Clover Honey
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Extra frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, raw sugar, coconut cream, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat pitas in the microwave for 1 minute (to soften). Make a small incision in the pita breads and fill the centre with 3-4 tbsp frozen berries
- Dip the stuffed pita bread into the egg mixture and let soak for 5 minutes
- In a fry pan over medium heat, fry the french toast for at least 4-5 minutes on each side in a little coconut oil – until completely golden and cooked through and berries have softened inside
- Finish off in a 220C oven for 10 minutes.
- Leave in the oven to keep hot and continue cooking through until ready to serve.
- Fry or grill the bacon over a high heat until golden and crispy.
- Serve the french toast and bacon hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some extra berries and a drizzle of honey.